Personal Insurance Coverage
- Homeowners Insurance
- Personal Auto Insurance
- Personal Umbrella Insurance
- Watercraft Insurance
- Flood Insurance
Fortside Insurance is committed to providing you with the best insurance coverage options available.
Whether you’re a home or condo owner, landlord, or renter, you want protection for your assets, yourself, and your guests. The replacement value of your home, its age and safety features, and the value of your belongings should all be considered when determining your homeowners coverage needs.
Homeowner’s Insurance provides protection for your home and property as well as liability insurance for your family. Below is a sample of some perils that are covered by a homeowner’s insurance policy:
- Hail Damage
- Freeze damage to plumbing, heating, air conditioning or household appliances
Homeowner’s insurance protects you in case of damage to your dwelling or property, injury to your guests, or events for which you may be held liable for injuring another person or damaging their property. A typical homeowner’s policy contains these standard coverages and may provide you with options to purchase additional coverages. If you have renovated your property, or have jewelry or other collectibles that you require extra protection for, you may request a limit increase.
Personal Auto Insurance
Fortside Insurance Group is here to find you the best personal auto insurance coverage suited for you. Your vehicle’s make, model and safety features, your driving record and annual mileage may have an influence on your auto insurance premium. All of these factors can determine whether you are eligible for credits or discounts on your premium.
Fortside Insurance is committed to providing you with the best insurance coverage options avaialble.
Personal Auto Insurance plan options:
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Medical or Personal Injury Protection
- Property Damage Liability
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Auto liability insurance is required by law but the minimum requirements are often far below recommended levels. Your limits can be quickly eroded by legal fees, leaving you paying the resulting damages out of pocket.
Umbrella coverage provides extra protection beyond your auto and homeowner’s insurances. If you own a home or condo, drive a motor vehicle, you’re vulnerable to legal action and large judgments, so umbrella coverage secures your belongings and other assests from being taken away in the event of a major lawsuit. Life isn’t predictable, so it is best to be prepared for the unexpected.
From our experience, Umbrella premiums are often viewed as extremely inexpensive in relation to the additional protection being provided to the insured’s family.
Watercraft Insurance is a must when you own a boat. Whether you are a power boater, sailor or commercial fisherman, Fortside Insurance Group can customize a policy to your needs. Watercraft Insurance coverages that are available include:
- Liability Coverage – If involved with another watercraft accident and found at fault, you will need liability coverage. You can choose as little or as much liability coverage as you want. We will help guide you through choosing what is best for you
- Physical Damage Coverage – This coverage is optional and is designed to protect your boat, motor and trailer
- Medical Payments Coverage – Needed if you get hurt while on the water
Why Insure Your Boat or Personal Watercraft?
- If you’re in an accident or your watercraft is damaged in a storm
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others
- If you are injured by an uninsured boater
Flood insurance is NOT covered by homeowners insurance policies but it is available through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Costs vary depending on how much insurance is purchased, what it covers and the property’s flood risk. NFIP policies have limitations as to the scope and amount of coverage. Fortside can review your exposure and place an NFIP policy that meets your needs.
How to protect your home from flood damage:
- Use water-resistant building materials
- Leave the basement or lower floors unfinished
- Raise your washer and dryer, water heater, oil tank, furnace or any electrical wiring onto concrete blocks, or protect them with a floodwall or shield
- Install flood shields or built-up barriers for basement windows and doors
- Prevent sewer lines from backing up by installing backflow valves or standpipes
- Install and maintain a sump pump system if you have below-grade floors
- Landscape with native plants and vegetation that resist soil erosion
Although, the government limits the amount of coverage available for any one building and its contents. Excess limits are available from specialty insurance companies that Fortside Insurance Group works with.
Get a Quote
Interested in finding a solution to fill your insurance needs?